Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Looking At The Wreckage

The skies are so blue in the bright sunlight. It's hard to believe that we're in such a plight.
I remember a few years back how incensed we were that our houshold share of the national debt was a five digit figure. Today, thanks to Great Leager that number tops a half million. And as He said in L.A. last week, "You ain't seen nothin yet".

I shake my head at the intellectual paupers who screamed about the "Bush deficits" and now sit silently as their children are sold into virtual indenture by Hope and Change. The bill may not come due in my lifetime, it certainly will in theirs.

Of course, it's no problem when Mr. Hope and Change drops tens of thousands of our dollars taking the Missus out to dinner and a show. That's what happens in a despotic regime. The despot lines his patron's pockets with the public weal while the nation sinks deeper into insolvency.

So keep smiling, America. Maybe learn some Chinese. You're being robbed blind, but damn that thief looks good doing it.

2 comments:

auntypsychotic said...

It is grim, isn't it? I think Bamby and "teeth" (that's how I think of her) are going for the title of Most Despotic Couple. The title has been held for years by Ferdinand and Imelda Marcos but I think we are in for an upset.
Bog! Now I'm depressed, Kermit.

Kermit said...

Pull up a beach chair, Aunty. It's going to be a long 17 months.